Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Encouraged

Today I spent extra time with God...just talking with Him. He's the best listener around :) Eric's next in line ;-) but wow, do I feel encouraged and hopeful for why I'm here in Texas and in the school I'm at right now. The school I'm in is starting to grow on me. It was very hard at first to see the situations some of the students are in at home and what not, but they're God's children. Spending more time with Him than I normally do, just gives me pure joy that I can't even explain. Not only has moving drawn me closer to God, but it has also drawn Eric and I closer and only God has shown me this! I'm not sure if this move was a test for me but I know my endurance has definitely grown :)

For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow.
James 1:3

Oh and I got my first Valentine's present from a student today :) I can't wait for Friday to give all the kiddos Vday treats!

fun craft that the kids will be doing...
Very personal with the tracing of the hands and cute messages
taping some chocolates or suckers to them will add an additional touch!

And one that's so cute to do for boyfriend or husband!
[credit to none other than Martha Stewart]

1 comment:

  1. Hi, so nice to meet you. I’m Yoli, a fellow “Texas Blogging Gal”. I made it my goal to visit each member’s Blog. I don’t want to just “drive-thru” to meet a quota, but instead to share the gift of friendship that God gives us all. I’m excited to read your inspirational stories and see your creative works. You are always welcomed at my Apron Senorita Blog.

    Elizabeth, I just know that with your heart, your students are so blessed. You are in their lives for a reason, and God will show you the way. As for PX90,it has been amazing for my son who is 16 years old. He really likes it.

    God Bless You!
    Yoli
    http://apronsenorita.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete