This summer it has really hit me that we've moved. I "we" can tend to just push our feelings, thoughts and emotions aside by staying very busy. I think as a society we've become more and more 'busy'. Well I've always been apart of that. Whether by choice or needs, I've always held many jobs, clubs, organizations, and always somehow had a packed school load. Well, once my student teaching was over, then graduation...things let's just say settled down a lot. It was really nice at first. I got to do a lot of crafts/projects, clean, watch my favorite show (HGTV) A LOT, tan (until it got too hot, it was just unbearable), organize, shop and just have 'me' time. Well, after a week or so I just went crazy. I've been so used to having a busy life that this just drove me crazy. I didn't have all my friends, family and my 'usual' life back home. And it just gave me extra time to worry about not getting a teaching job for this coming fall. It got to be real lonely...until I realized it was a perfect opportunity to spend more time with Christ in His Word and fully trust in Him. Wow, what a difference that makes. I am not perfect by any means, but spending more time praying really helps remind me that everything is in His hands. He knows exactly what's in store for me, and I know His plans are much greater than mine. I don't have a teaching job lined up yet, and I might not by the time school starts. But He is faithful, and I currently have a full-time nanny position for the next 6 weeks! What a blessing. With my personality, as a planner, it leads me to want to know exactly what the future looks like and what my purpose is. All that I know right now is that my purpose is to glorify Him in EVERYTHING that I do. So that's what I'm gonna work my hardest at. Thanks for listening as I share what's been on my heart lately!
I also wanted to share this beautiful living room that was featured in ny times:
Thursday, July 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment