Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Renting...

We've really enjoyed renting and all the perks it brings. The best of all is flexibility which we've had a lot of in our lives with the big move and all! Speaking of the big move, I've been doing better than I thought I would have been :) I was a reck the day I left, but I've been seeing things in positive manner with the help of my mother! I think my outsource has been designing our place! I've been using all our old decorations but tweaking them a little bit here and there to change the style to go along with the modern design of our guest house.

Back to renting...the only down fall is not having the flexibility to paint. I would just LOVE to do some painting. But since we don't have that option I'm stuck with creating my own ways to add color to the walls. I picked up a few frames at Goodwill yesterday that I plan to paint in the next few days and hang for wall decor. I'm planning on going to Salvation Army to hopefully come across some more great finds. On my list is a vintage/traveling suitcase similar to these to put under a table I would really love to use, it's just not tall enough for what I would like to use it for.
[photo via Apartment Therapy]
I would also like to find a french provincial table that I could fix up and use as a desk. We'll see what I find...I'll post about what I find soon! And show some pictures of our place once it's completed!

No comments:

Post a Comment