Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Gifts...

Throughout this busy, stressful, rewarding, overwhelming, hopeful, encouraging yet saddening (as we move away from my family) holiday season I have been pondering the thought that was presented at the ladies Christmas dinner I went to with my mom, "what should I give to God this Christmas?" I have never thought this way before, but I know God's timing is better than I can ever know or imagine. I feel like God's been knocking at my heart this season unlike others. I've constantly been reminded to trust in Him with all things and constantly thank Him for all the many blessings. This Christmas I have had the joy of buying more gifts this Christmas, because I'm not only buying for my side of the family but now Eric's! Side note: I love the holiday season, because it brings out the giving/loving spirit in a lot of people :)). Since I'm doing all the purchasing this year, because Eric's in Texas :( I've had some alone time while making/buying the gifts, I've had a lot of time thinking. In the past I've got caught up in all the craziness of the holidays, but like I said before God has really been knocking at my heart.

So what does God want for Christmas from me/us?
I think he wants us to give Him our BEST. To love Him the BEST we can. To love others the BEST we can. To spend intimate time with Him to the BEST of our ability. To take moments to thank Him. To give all Glory to Him in all we do. To do our BEST in everything we do.
The woman who shared that question with all the ladies gave the analogy of the Drummer Boy song (an old Christmas Carol). The song says: I am a poor boy too, I have no gift to bring, that's fit to give to the King. It's so true, we have no gift compared to the one he gave us, His Son. This Christmas I am going to give Him my BEST and look to Him in ALL things.

Colossians 3:23Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for me.

I think that's one of the many things I can do for the King this Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment